What's the plan?
8 days, 8 action areas, 8 calls to action for universal health coverage (UHC). Each day will focus on a different action area from the UHC Action Agenda that countries cannot neglect. The calendar below provides an overview of each day of the campaign.
You can download and use social media cards and messages from our campaign resources and use the hashtag #UHCHLM.
Together, we can hold leaders accountable and make #universalhealthcoverage a reality.
Click here to download a PDF version of the calendar in English and French.
11 September: Invite your country to champion political leadership for UHC. Tag your country’s leaders and use the hashtag #UHCHLM.
13 September: Request a meeting with your elected representatives to urge them to adopt enabling laws and regulations to act on UHC commitments made at the HLM. Find further resources about the important work parliamentarians do on UHC here.
15 September: Encourage your country leaders to invest more, invest better in health, prioritizing primary health care.
16 & 17 September: Keep the momentum going! Continue to advocate for UHC on your social media networks.
18 September: Urge your leaders to move together towards UHC, which is essential for the realization of the SDGs. Tag leaders attending the #SDGSummit and use the hashtag #UHCHLM.
19 September: Call on your country leaders to guarantee gender equality in health services and health systems.
20 September: Remind all countries and stakeholders to connect UHC and health security to protect people against interruptions in essential health services during emergencies.
21 September: UN High-level Meeting on UHC!
Visit our event page for details.
- Advocacy toolkit
- UN HLM on UHC webpage
- Multisakeholder hearings recordings and summary
- High-level luncheon summary
- Op-ed: UHC Political Advisory Panel members urge all countries to unite behind the Action Agenda.
- Coalition of Partnerships statement: Getting health back on the highest political agenda - the UN high-level meetings on health in 2023
- UHC2030 newsletter subscription
- Zero draft of the political declaration on UHC
- Action Agenda
- WHO technical briefs in preparation for the UN HLM on UHC
- WHO DG’s report on Reorienting health systems to primary health care as a resilient foundation for UHC and preparation of the UN HLM (EB152/5)
- UN HLM 2019 Archive