Leveraging universal health coverage is essential for addressing...
We are looking for two charismatic individuals with demonstrated leadership and stature in global health and who are committed to promoting UHC. The governance arrangements for UHC2030 provide for one co-chair from the country constituency and one from the civil society constituency. The appointment is for a one-year term which can be renewed for maximum of two additional terms. On-boarding is expected to take place between January and March 2024.
The co-chairs will be expected to:
- Preside over and facilitate semi-annual and ad-hoc Steering Committee meetings
- Advise on the overall strategic direction of UHC2030 and planning of Steering Committee meetings
- Periodically support the UHC2030 Secretariat in consulting with Steering Committee members on their roles as constituency representatives and contributions to discussions
- Support the UHC2030 Secretariat’s resource mobilization efforts
- Act as ambassadors for the broader UHC Movement
Candidates with the following profiles are encouraged to apply:
- Executive leadership accomplishments in global health governance, either in government institutions or civil society organisations and social movements around health issues
- Demonstrated influence as board member, chair or similar
- Diplomatic skills and natural affinity for cultivating relationships and facilitating consensus
- For country constituency candidates: strong public sector experience across a range of country contexts (it is not required to be currently holding an official position)
- For civil society constituency candidates: demonstrated linkages with community-based organisations and/or civil society organisations
- Applications from women and candidates from low- and middle-income countries are strongly encouraged
The current and outgoing UHC2030 Co-Chairs are Gabriela Cuevas, former member of Parliament at the Mexican Congress and honorary President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union, and Justin Koonin, President of ACON (formerly AIDS Council of New South Wales Australia).
For more information on UHC2030’s work, read our recent news item and statements here.
To apply or nominate a candidate, please send a letter and short bio to co-chairs@UHC2030.org by 30 November 2023. The confidentiality of all applications will be maintained throughout the selection process.