UHC Day 2019
The theme of UHC Day 2019 is ‘Keep the Promise’
In September, all UN Member States agreed to a Political Declaration on UHC. Heads of state, at the High-Level Meeting on UHC at the United Nations General Assembly in New York on 23 September 2019, demonstrated strong political vision and commitment to ensuring UHC for the people they serve. In the resulting political declaration, UN Member States recognized the importance of primary health care as “the cornerstone of a sustainable health system for universal health coverage and health-related Sustainable Development Goals”.
Now, UHC advocates will take their turn to send them a message and this year’s UHC Day campaign theme says it loud and clear: Keep the Promise.
We need to see action plans to guarantee health as a right, not a privilege.
We need to see real investment in a society where all people—regardless of gender, race, religion, citizenship, age, ability, sexual orientation, or wealth—can get the quality health care they need and trust without facing financial hardship.
We need to see strong, equitable health systems that truly leave no one behind.
How to get involved
Visit the UHC Day 2019 Campaign Website
- Share your plans for 12 December.
- Find background on the UHC movement, including the Key Asks that helped shape the most ambitious and comprehensive Political Declaration on global health in history.
- Find more materials—including the social media toolkit and heat map of global events. Stay tuned, and get ready to Keep the Promise on 12 December, International UHC Day.
- Follow on Twitter for updates @UHC2030, @CSOs4UHC and @UHC_Day
- Keep the Promise theme graphics are available in all six UN languages.
Visit the UHC Day campaign site and find out how you can take action to support UHC, both on December 12th and throughout the year. You can also learn about events organised by other partners around the world.