30 September 2021 | 08.00-09.30 EST | 14.00-15.30 CEST |
In September 2019, world leaders came together to endorse the Political Declaration on Universal Health Coverage (UHC), the most comprehensive international health agreement in history. UNGA76 marks the two-year anniversary of the first High-level Meeting on UHC, as well as the half-way point to the 2023 follow-up High-level Meeting on UHC. This moment allows for political actors and key stakeholders to recommit to the implementation of the 2019 Political Declaration, take stock of progress, gaps and challenges faced during COVID-19.
This event will commemorate the two-year anniversary of the 2019 High-level Meeting on UHC, share lessons learned and pave the way for the 2023 HLM on UHC, including in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 has provided an impetus to prioritize prevention and public health measures for UHC at all levels and to ensure robust and collaborative global health architecture.
- Hosts: Co-chairs of the Group of Friends of Universal Health Coverage and Global Health (Permanent Missions of Georgia, Japan, and Thailand to the UN); World Health Organization; UHC2030
- Co-sponsors: Co-chairs of the Group of Friends of Solidarity for Global Health Security; Cooperative Republic of Guyana, Republic of Kazakhstan, Pakistan, United Kingdom
- Partners: Global Preparedness and Monitoring Board; Coalition of Partnerships for UHC and Global Health; Global Action Plan for Healthy Lives and Well-being for All
- H.E. Mr. Don Pramudwinai, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand
- H.E. Mr. Toshimitsu Motegi, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Japan
- Ms. Tamar Gabunia, First Deputy Minister of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labour, Health & Social Affairs, Georgia
- H.E. Dr. Frank Anthony, Minister of Health, Cooperative Republic of Guyana
- H.E. Mr. Alexey Tsoy, Minister of Healthcare, Republic of Kazakhstan
- H.E. Dr. Faisal Sultan, Special Assistant to Prime Minister, Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination, Pakistan
- H.E. Dr. Hanan Mohamed Al Kuwari, Minister of Public Health, State of Qatar
- H.E. Ms. Wendy Morton, Minister for European Neighbourhood and the Americas at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, United Kingdom
- H.E. Ms. Amina Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, WHO
- Ms. Gabriela Cuevas Barron, UHC2030 Steering Committee Co-chair
- Ms. Emilia Saiz, Secretary-General of United Cities & Local Governments
- Ms. Anamaria Bejar, Director of Advocacy, International Planned Parenthood Federation; CSEM Advisory Group Member
- Moderated by H.E. Ms. María Fernanda Espinosa, UHC Movement
Interpretation will be available in Arabic, English, French, Spanish.