- Amy Kay/Sonia Walia, USAID/OFDA
- Andre Griekspoor, WHO WEP
- Barni Nor, SIDA
- Claudia Vivas, UNICEF
- Dirk Horemans/Ben Lane, WHO
- Egbert Sondorp, Royal Tropical Institute, KIT & Health Systems Global Thematic Working Group on Health System in FCAS
- Emanuele Capobianco, IFRC
- Fiona Campbelle, DFID
- Hala Abou-Taleb/Ali Ardalan, WHO/EMRO
- Harriet Adong, Foundation for Integrated Rural Development – CSEM representative
- Jacob Hughes, MSH
- Karl Blanchet, LSHTM
- Marwin Meier, World Vision – CSEM representative
- Olga Bornemisza, The Global Fund
- Tim Martineau, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Abir Shady/Diana Estevez, PMNCH observers – for coordination purposes
The UHC2030 Working Group on UHC in Fragile Settings aims to encourage the adoption of better-suited policies and practices for health systems strengthening in fragile, conflict-affected and vulnerable settings to accelerate progress towards UHC. Here is the current terms of reference and workplan for UHC in Fragile Settings, which was refined for 2019. The ToRs/workplan remains a living document, and is updated by the Core Group as necessary.
The UHC in Fragile Settings was established in 2016 with these original ToRs (2017). A first deliverable of the UHC in Fragile Settings was a literature review which was produced by the Institute of Tropical Medicine.
Following the completion of the literature review, the UHC in Fragile Settings met face-to-face to reflect on the findings of the literature review, and refine the ToRs for the UHC in Fragile Settings for 2018-19. Read more about this first face-to-face meeting.
As outlined in the ToRs, the objectives of the UHC in Fragile Settings are as follows:
- Strengthen the evidence-base, technical tools/approaches, and knowledge sharing on specific considerations for policies and programmatic approaches to address the challenges of delivering health services while strengthening health systems and accelerating progress towards UHC in fragile, conflict-affected, vulnerable and/or challenging operational environments;
- Bring these specific considerations to the attention of key stakeholders for action and financial support; and
- Foster and support collaboration between humanitarian and development action, among local, national and international stakeholders and authorities, including governments, to enhance the appropriateness, effectiveness and efficiency of support for health system strengthening and UHC in selected contexts.
The UHC in Fragile Settings endeavours to be dynamic and inclusive, with a hands-on Core Group to provide strategic direction and oversee implementation of the workplan, active time-bound Task Teams to pursue deliverables, and a wider UHC in Fragile Settings - or community - to solicit inputs from and disseminate outputs to. The UHC2030 Core Team provides secretariat support to the Core Group.
Core Group Members
Secretariat - UHC2030 Core Team
Shana Dorr, World Health Organization
Kazumi Inden, The World Bank Group
Useful resources/Meeting minutes
World Health assemby side event on UHC May 2018 in Geneva
- Download: WHA71 side event on UHC and emergencies meeting summary - May 2018
- Download: WHA71 side event on UHC and emergencies report - May 2018
First face to face meeting in November 2017 in Geneva
- Download: Final report first face to face meeting - November 2017
- Read: UHC2030 technical working group on support to countries with fragile or challenging operating environments first face-to-face meeting of this group - November 2017