- The message is clear: Everyone, everywhere has a right to quality health services without fear of financial hardship or discrimination. #HealthForAll UHCDay.org
- During a pandemic and always, lifesaving care should never just go to the highest bidders. #COVID19 vaccines must be free and accessible to everyone, prioritized for those most at risk. #HealthForAll
- At least 1/2 of the world’s population lacks access to essential health services. If everyone could get the promotive, preventative, curative, rehabilitative & palliative services they needed, the story of 2020 would be very different. #HealthForAll
- Make no mistake: we cannot #ProtectEveryone without comprehensive #SRHR for all. Yet in #COVID19 & always, essential health care for women, girls and marginalized groups is too often overlooked – or worse, deliberately cut back. #HealthForAll
- Even before #COVID19, 100 million people were pushed into poverty each year because of health costs. We can’t go back to the status quo. We must invest in health systems that protect everyone – NOW. #HealthForAll
- 1 in 10 people globally have a mental illness and studies show that #COVID19 is causing rising levels of anxiety, depression & psychological distress. Health systems that #ProtectEveryone must include affordable, accessible #MentalHealth services for all.
- #HealthForAll is not wishful thinking. Leaders can and must reach everyone based on need, not ability to pay, with services free at the point of use. Our lives depend on it.
Welcome to the UHC2030 social media toolkit. We encourage you to use the tools below and support the movement to achieve universal health coverage.
The suggested posts below reflect UHC2030's mission and the five Key Principles of the Global Compact.
We have a focus on the three key policy areas that contribute to strong, equitable health systems: service delivery, health financing and governance.
Hashtags & Handles
Suggested Posts: Universal health coverage can't wait
Suggested Posts: Ensuring Political Commitment & Multi-Stakeholder Action
Uniting firmly behind our commitment to universal health coverage, starting with greater investment and action.
- #UHC is about human rights. It is also economically smart & urgently needed for people’s & nations’ health & well-being. #LeaveNoOneBehind #HealthForAll
- With strong political will, every country—rich or poor—can build strong, equitable health systems that leave no one behind. #UH2030 #HealthForAll
- There is no single path to #UHC, but all journeys start with a bold commitment to equity, non-discrimination & the #RightToHealth. Together, we can achieve #HealthForAll. #UHC2030
- Strong health systems are everybody’s business. From government to civil society to the private sector, we all have a role to play in improving access to and quality of health services, leaving no one behind. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- No person, organization, sector or country can achieve #UHC by 2030 alone. We must engage the entire health & healthcare ecosystem to achieve & sustain #HealthForAll. #UHC2030
- The global movement for #HealthForAll must rally behind national, evidence-based action plans for #UHC, learning from & supporting each other along the way. Now is the time for collective action. #UHC2030
- By effectively harnessing the power of the private sector, we can accelerate efforts to reach every person with the quality health services they need & deserve. #HealthForAll #UHC2030
- Proud to support the #UHCGlobalCompact & stand with a unified global movement to achieve #HealthForAll. Will you join us? http://bit.ly/2z90Tyy
Suggested posts: Leaving no one behind
Reaching every person and community with comprehensive, quality health services and people-centered care, putting the poorest and most marginalized first.
- Health is a human right, no matter your gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability or citizenship. Universal health coverage means ensuring every community can get the health services they need, without discrimination or financial hardship. #HealthForAll #UHC2030
- Universal health coverage is a political choice to strive for equity & justice in health. It means building health systems that put the poorest & most marginalized communities first, leaving no one behind. #HealthForAll #UHC2030
- When a child gets sick, no parent should have to worry about whether they can access or afford quality care. We have the tools to protect children everywhere from disease & ill health—but only if leaders increase investments & action for #HealthForAll #UHC2030
- Investing in strong #PrimaryHealthCare is one of the best ways to help people lead the healthiest lives possible, and if they get sick, provide the right care, at the right time, right in their communities. #HealthForAll #UHC2030
- As countries progress toward #UHC, more attention must be given to populations in fragile & conflict-affected settings, who are among the most vulnerable #LeaveNoOneBehind #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- In a world where conflict and displacement are on the rise, it is unacceptable that anyone fleeing war or disaster could be denied the health care they need. Refugees, migrants & internally displaced persons must be protected & prioritized by the health system. #HealthForAll #UHC2030
- Everyone’s health needs are different, but their right to health is the same. Our health systems must be ready to provide the full spectrum of promotive, preventative, curative, rehabilitative & palliative services based on need, not ability to pay. #HealthForAll #UHC2030
Suggested posts: Engaging community voices
Ensuring that all people, regardless of race, gender, age, citizenship or ability, are represented in the movement for UHC.
- For health systems to benefit everyone, we need to hear from everyone. Community participation can make or break #UHC reforms. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- Well-trained, well-paid health workers are the backbone of strong #PrimaryHealthCare & UHC. As sources of trusted care for millions of people, their voices & perspectives must be prioritized in the #HealthForAll movement. #UHC2030
- To achieve #UHC, #GenderEquality and the future we all want by 2030, countries should ensure that girls & women are at the helm of decisions that will affect their health, rights & wellbeing.
- To ensure that health systems deliver the services people say they need, rather than services someone else decides they should have, we must invest in strong #PrimaryHealthCare and citizen engagement in every community. #HealthForAll #UHC2030
Suggested posts: Investing more and smarter
Mobilizing resources equitably and efficiently—including by aligning funds across diverse issue areas—to ensure everyone can get the health care they need without fear of financial hardship.
- Health costs prevent millions of people from seeking or getting the care they need. Protecting the right to health means protecting people from financial hardship. #HealthForAll
- Getting sick should not mean bankruptcy and poverty. That’s why protection against financial hardship must be in place to achieve #HealthForAll. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- ~100 million people are pushed into extreme poverty paying for health services every year. That’s 100 million too many. It’s time to ensure that no one has to pay out-of-pocket to get the care they need. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- #UHC is a smart investment & achievable goal everywhere. To deliver on the promise of #HealthForAll #UHC2030, countries can & must increase investments in the health of their own people. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- Lack of affordable, quality health care traps families and nations in poverty. #UHC can ensure that no one has to choose between good health and other life necessities. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- When a country’s economy grows enough to graduate from external aid, stakeholders must work together to ensure that poor & marginalized groups are not left behind in the transition. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
Suggested posts: Holding leaders accountable
Improving monitoring and feedback mechanisms to hold leaders accountable to promises of #HealthForAll and progress toward stronger, more equitable health systems for UHC.
- #DYK: 800+ million people spend at least 10% of their household budgets paying for health, and 1 in 2 people do not have access to the essential health services they need. We must hold leaders accountable for #HealthForAll #UHC2030
- Measure what matters. It is not #UHC if it doesn’t deliver quality health services to all AND protect against financial hardship. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- Accountability mechanisms are crucial to expose who benefits & who is left behind from policy choices made in the name of #UHC. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- Data alone will not achieve accountability. #UHC monitoring must lead to multi-stakeholder review & remedial action #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- Empowerment & participation of marginalized communities is key to equitable health systems #UHC and #LeaveNoOneBehind #accountability #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- We all have a role to play in holding leaders accountable for #HealthForAll. All voices must be heard. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll
- To hold leaders accountable, all citizens and communities must have free access to data and information on their country’s progress toward #UHC. #UHC2030 #HealthForAll