Have your say on the contents of the handbook - we want to hear...
The UHC2030 Secretariat, in collaboration with the UHC2030 Civil Society Engagement Mechanism, is soliciting applications and nominations to undertake co-chairing responsibility of the UHC2030 Steering Committee.
The governance arrangements for UHC2030 agreed in December 2016 provide for one co-chair from the country constituency and one co-chair from another constituency.
The Steering Committee decided at its meeting held on 15-16 June 2017 that the second co-chair should be from civil society.
We are looking for a charismatic individual with demonstrated institutional leadership and stature in global health who is committed to promote UHC.
Together with the other co-chair from the country constituency, the co-chair will be expected to:
- Preside over, and facilitating semi-annual and ad hoc SC meetings
- Advise on the planning of SC meetings and overall strategic direction, and periodically supporting the UHC2030 Core Team coordinators to consult with SC members on their roles as constituency representatives and contribution to discussion; and
- Act as an ambassador for the partnership.
Candidates with the following profiles are encouraged to apply:
- Priority will be given to candidates from civil society organisations from low- and middle-income countries
- Executive leadership accomplishments in civil society organisations and citizen movements around health issues
- Demonstrated influence as board member, chair or similar
- Diplomatic skills and natural affinity for cultivating relationships and facilitating consensus.
To apply, let us know your interest! Please write a letter to the UHC2030 Secretariat with a short bio by 30 September (email to info@UHC2030.org). The confidentiality of all applicants and nominees will be maintained throughout the selection process.