Mobilising global leaders for universal health coverage. Tokyo,...
The UHC2030 technical working group on sustainability, transition from aid and health system strengthening met for the second time in Montreux, Switzerland on 3 November 2017.
Participants heard findings from an ongoing country consultation on sustainability and transition as well as country and regional perspectives on transition from external finance.
Priority areas for action and steps to advance the collaborative agenda were also discussed.
All presentations from the meeting are here. A full report will be available shortly.
- Presentation from Midori de Habich, former Minister of Health of Peru (Co-chair)
- Presentation from Kara Hanson, Professor of Health System Economics London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (Co-chair)
- Presentation from Henrik Axelson, ThinkWell: Transition challenges and opportunities – preliminary findings of country consultations on transition, HSS and UHC. [Please note slide 3 contains a graphic that works only in full screen mode]
- Presentation by Nhim Khemara, Deputy Director General of Budget Ministry of Finance, Cambodia: Cambodia’s sustainability approach.
- Presentation by Annie Chu, WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific: Transitioning to integrated financing of priority public health services in the Western Pacific.
Here is the final report from the previous Technical Working Group Meeting.
Photo: Infirmary staff members, near Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Credit: Ashish Bajracharya/Population Council, courtesy of Photoshare.