UHC2030 is looking for a company or consultant(s) to conduct a...
Following several preparatory panels and online meetings in 2016 and 2017, the first face-to-face meeting of the Health Systems Assessment (HSA) Technical Working Group (TWG) was held on 17-18 October 2017 in Geneva.
The meeting convened key national and international stakeholders and country representatives to discuss the following:
- Bottlenecks in conducting a multitude of HSAs in countries (“evaluation industry”)
- Results of an HSA tool review that examined all relevant, existing tools and approaches on health systems assessments
- Differences between HSA and Health Systems Performance Assessments (HSPA), and the potential for relating HSAs with the health systems performance assessment community
- Scoping the engagement of the TWG, including a roadmap with key deliverables.
In the round table format, the participants were engaged in sharing more detailed ideas around:
1) the current situation of HSAs
2) potential entry points for more harmonised and aligned HSAs
3) how to bring the HSA and HSPA communities together and integrate performance assessment aspects within HSA in a more systematic way.
See presentations from the meeting: