PHC for UHC and the role of development cooperation:
are we strengthening or weakening national health systems?
Global Conference on Primary Health Care Palace of Independence, Astana, Room Burabai.
Friday, 26 October 2018, 13:15 – 14:15
Organised by UHC2030 in association with the CSEM and Medicus Mundi International Networks. Join us to find out more on how development cooperation can contribute to strengthen Primary Health Care and to achieve Universal Health Coverage:
- Understand how development cooperation can promote PHC/UHC and strengthen national health policies and systems.
- Learn about country experience in promoting PHC and the contribution of development partners.
- Learn about civil society engagement in promoting community involvement in national health policies and systems.
- Identify ways forward for a multi-stakeholder partnership such as UHC2030.
- Dr Githinji Gitahi, Global CEO AMREF Health Africa, and UHC2030 co-chair
- Realities and challenges face by countries in the interface between development cooperation and PHC/UHC
- Solutions and future directions
Perspectives from countries
- Dr Tran Thi Mai Oanh, Director, Health Strategy and Policy Institute, Vietnam
- Dr Emmanuel Odame, Director, Policy planning, monitoring and evaluation Ministry of Health, Ghana
- Itai Rusike, Executive Director, Community Working Group on Health Zimbabwe (Member of MMI and CSEM)
Perspectives from international development partners
- Rachel Arrundale, Head, Health Services Team, DFID
- Dr Agnès Soucat, Director, Health systems governance and Financing, WHO