13 December 2021 | 07:00 - 08:00 ET / 13:00 - 14:00 CET
The pandemic has shown that countries – and the world – need to do better on both universal health coverage and health security. This UHC Day, let’s reiterate that health is an investment, not a cost. Strengthening health systems, with a focus on primary health care, is the most efficient, inclusive and sustainable way of accelerating progress towards universal health coverage and health security goals.
This event will bring together a group of donor countries and other partners to discuss their role in delivering the commitments made in the Political Declaration on Universal Health Coverage and their specific contributions to building resilient and equitable health systems and ending preventable deaths.
It will also will kick off a dialogue across UHC2030 stakeholders on:
- their approach to the challenge of ensuring efficient effective and equitable investments to achieve UHC; and
- how to work better together to ensure more coherent action in international cooperation for the health sector, prioritising support to health systems strengthening, responding to the needs of communities, and achieving health for all.
- H.E. Wendy Morton, Minister for Europe and Americas at the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, United Kingdom
- H.E. Stéphanie Seydoux, Ambassador for Global Health, France
- Mr. Keiichi Hara, Deputy Director-General / Deputy Assistant Minister for Global Issues, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan
- Mr. Joshua Tabah, Director General for Global Health and Nutrition, Global Affairs, Canada
- Rt Hon Helen Clark, Chair, PMNCH Board
- Feng Zhao, Global Practice Manager, Health, Nutrition and Population, World Bank and UHC2030 Secretariat
Moderated by Dr. Githinji Gitahi, Global CEO and Director-General, Amref Health Africa, Kenya
Download more information here