La CSU2030 enrichit son portail de données sur la CSU avec un...
The UHC2030 Secretariat is soliciting applications and nominations to undertake co-chairing responsibility of the UHC2030 Steering Committee.
We are looking for two charismatic individuals with demonstrated institutional leadership and stature in global health who are committed to promote UHC. The governance arrangements for UHC2030 provide for one co-chair from the country constituency and another one from the civil society constituency. The appointment is for a one-year term which can be renewed for maximum of two additional terms. On-boarding is expected to take place between January and June 2021.
The co-chairs will be expected to:
- Preside over, and facilitating semi-annual and ad hoc Steering Committee meetings
- Advise on the planning of Steering Committee meetings and overall strategic direction, and periodically supporting the UHC2030 Core Team to consult with Steering Committee members on their roles as constituency representatives and contribution to discussion
- Support the UHC2030 Secretariat in its resource mobilization efforts
- Act as ambassadors for the partnership.
Candidates with the following profiles are encouraged to apply:
- Executive leadership accomplishments in global health governance, either in government institutions or civil society organisations and people movements around health issues
- Demonstrated influence as board member, chair or similar
- Diplomatic skills and natural affinity for cultivating relationships and facilitating consensus
- For the country constituency candidates: official government position not required but strong public sector experience across a range of country contexts
- For the civil society constituency candidates: demonstrated linkages with community-based organisations/civil society organisations
- Applications from women and candidates from low- and middle-income countries are strongly encouraged.
The current and outgoing UHC2030 Co-Chairs are Professor llona Kickbusch Chair, International Advisory Board, Global Health Centre, Graduate Institute for International and Development Studies Geneva and Dr Githinji Gitahi, Global CEO and Director General of AMREF Health Africa Group.
For more information on UHC2030 work, please read our latest core team report.
To apply, let us know your interest! Please write a letter to the UHC2030 Secretariat with a short bio by 14 November 2020 (email to info@UHC2030.org). The confidentiality of all applications will be maintained throughout the selection process.