Our mission is to create a movement for accelerating equitable and sustainable progress towards universal health coverage (UHC).
When all 193 Member States of the United Nations (UN) agreed on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in New York in 2015, they set out an ambitious agenda for a safer, fairer and healthier world by 2030. UHC is based on the principle that all individuals and communities should have access to quality essential health services without suffering financial hardship.
The inclusion of UHC in the SDGs presents an opportunity to promote a comprehensive and coherent approach to health, focusing on health systems strengthening. UHC2030 partners recognize that achieving UHC requires coordinated efforts across multiple sectors and development of strong, sustainable and equitable health systems that help to improve health outcomes.
UHC2030 provides a platform where the private sector, civil society, international organizations, academia and governmental organizations can collaborate to create a movement for accelerating equitable and sustainable progress towards universal health coverage (UHC) and health systems strengthening at global and country levels.
UHC2030 is the only multi-stakeholder platform that brings together diverse voices and perspectives for the common goal of achieving UHC, sustains momentum around UHC commitments and promotes collective action. We convene, build connections and promote enhanced political and financial commitments for UHC, more coherent health systems strengthening by all relevant health partners, inclusive approaches and accountability for results.
UHC2030’s Global Compact
UHC2030’s Global Compact for progress towards universal health coveragereflects our firm support for the aims of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and is consistent with the ambition and commitment of other inter-governmental agreements, as well as the Addis Ababa Action Agenda, which aims to address the challenge of financing and creating an enabling environment at all levels for sustainable development in the spirit of global partnership and solidarity.
All signatories to UHC2030’s Global Compact commit to working together with renewed urgency to accelerate progress towards UHC, through building and expanding equitable, resilient and sustainable health systems.
In efforts to strengthen health systems and achieve UHC, UHC2030 collectively subscribe to the following key principles to guide our action:
- Leaving no one behind: a commitment to equity, non-discrimination and a rights-based approach
- Transparency and accountability for results
- Evidence-based national health strategies and leadership, with government stewardship to ensure availability, accessibility, acceptability and quality of service delivery
- Making health systems everybody’s business – with engagement of citizens, communities, civil society and private sector
- International cooperation based on mutual learning across countries regardless of development status and progress in achieving and sustaining UHC, and development effectiveness principles
Our strategic focus
We believe that mobilizing collective action on the UHC Key Asks, including to demand that countries act on and are accountable for their UHC commitments, will contribute to stronger and more resilient health systems: ‘health systems that protect everyone’.
Our action is based on the following pillars:
1. Elevating voices: UHC2030 brings together diverse voices to influence national and international commitments. We coordinate and promote national and international advocacy, build consensus around priority messages and campaigns, and help people demand more of governments.
2. Improving collaboration: National and international efforts to strengthen health systems and accelerate UHC progress need to be less fragmented and more coherent and effective. UHC2030 offers multi-stakeholder approaches to identify common principles, clarify roles and develop or strengthen guidance and tools for collaboration.
3. Sharing knowledge and networks: UHC2030 provides a platform to share relevant knowledge, lessons and experience. It promotes more joined-up approaches across different global health systems networks and initiatives and connects countries with the support that best meets their needs.
- Joint Vision English French Spanish Portuguese Chinese Russian
- UHC2030's Global Compact for progress towards universal health coverage English French Spanish Portuguese Chinese Russian
- UHC2030 Core Team Report 2021
- Action on health systems, for universal health coverage and health security