The theme for the HLPF 2022 will be “Building back better from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”.
The HLPF in 2022 will review in-depth Sustainable Development Goals 4 on quality education, 5 on gender equality, 14 on life below water, 15 on life on land, and 17 on partnerships for the Goals. The forum will take into account the different and particular impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic across all Sustainable Development Goals and the integrated, indivisible and interlinked nature of the Goals. This year, 45 countries will carry out voluntary national reviews (VNRs) of their implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Regional Forums for Sustainable Development will be convened by the Regional Commissions. The regional forums will assess progress and exchange knowledge, good practices and policy solutions to support the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals, in line with regional priorities and specificities.
Regional Forums for Sustainable Development and Regional VNR Workshops in 2022
Useful Resources for Health-related VNR
- Handbook for the preparation of VNR (other languages are also available here)
- Knowledge exchange on approaches and tools for the 2022 VNR (including UHC2030’s tools)
- UHC Data Portal: State of UHC Commitment Country Profiles
- SDG3 VNR Workshop (2021)
- Voice, agency, empowerment - handbook on social participation for universal health coverag
- Toolkit on health budget literacy, advocacy and accountability for UHC
- Calendar of events for the High-Level Political Forum